pets or pests?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are pretty cool snails, the ramshorns. I have three of them and they are always entertaining to watch. My shrimp likes to "push" them around.

Hey Devilishturtles

I'd like to introduce some of these into a tank or two. Please let me know aobut your offer. Contact me privately if you wish.

Thanks
Dave

Jchillin said:
joannde said:
Its the small ramshorns (Planorbarius corneus) that you have, right JChillin ?

You have a good memory, yes, I do have P. corneus. Thanks for pointing that out.

LOL not really - I went back to the original post we had about this when I was looking to get some snails. I believe Einstein said "never memorize anything you can look up" or something to that effect - that "rule" works for me LOL

Jchillin said:
joannde said:
Its the small ramshorns (Planorbarius corneus) that you have, right JChillin ?

You have a good memory, yes, I do have P. corneus. Thanks for pointing that out.

Let me know if you have any of these to part with at some point. I was under the impression that all ramshorns were bad for planted tanks, but really like the looks of them. Since I'm heavily planted, I had all but written off the possibility of getting these. But I would be too afraid of being sold the wrong type at an LFS and watching my plants get munched.

As for the MTS, they are excellent. I recieved about 10 from Liquidphyre about a month or so ago. After about 2 days I never saw them again and got worried that they had died, stopped multiplying, or were eaten. But then my DIY CO2 was acting up last weekend (around 11pm) and I didn't want to disturb the sleeping fish by turning the lights on. So I got my LCD flashlight and was peering into the tank to see what was wrong with the CO2 tubing. After looking I decided to quickly peek around the substrate, and sure enough I saw about 4 or 5 crawling around with another 1 on the glass about 1/2 way up the side. So they definately seem to be doing their job, do not seem to have multiplied to rediculous numbers, and seem to ONLY come out late at night (and are back under the substrate before the lights come back on in the morning).

Back
Top Bottom