Petsmart Kills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PetLand* is the one with the bad SW tanks.

My Local PetSmarts don't carry saltwater. I made a mistake in my last post :oops:

I imagine it is hard to keep people for long at pet chain stores. The petsmart near me is ok but the one person that knows whats going on in the fish area looked overwelmed. Her 2 coworkers didn't know a thing about fish and were hounding her every minute. Haven't seen her the last 2 times I was in there. She might have gone mad.

We have Two Pet co's and I won't even buy food their. The fish are always in milky water with lots of dead bodys. I even told the MOD and they just said "fish die" "Oh well"
Poor Fish!

The Petland here kills every fish they get their hands on....The SW tanks have so much algae and all the fish are either dead, dying, or sitting at the bottom with clamp fins. Petco also does a crappy job on their FW and SW tanks. I always see dead SW fish. Its really upsetting. I wish people cared more.....

Guess it looks like a store-by-store basis.
All of the Petsmarts and Petcos in my area have clean tanks and I have seen some dead fish, but that's gonna be expected.
If you have a chain store like Petco and Petsmart in your area and you think they are terrible, I would write a letter/call/email their headquarters.
I am sure they would be interested in knowing. What do they say? "The squeaky wheel gets the oil." And it might save some fish.
Make a difference and DO something about it! :)

all of the petsmarts and petcos that i have been to around here are pretty nice. some of the tanks seem a little overstocked but its not to bad. there are less dead fish than the smaller fish store near me, and less crowded as well.

Did anyone else see a report in the past month or so where (I think its Petsmart) they were being sued or fined because of animal negligence and such in their stores. I've got to find that report. My hubby reminded me about that when we were talking pet stores. If I can find the story I will post a link.

Rose

I didn't see that report!
I am quite happy with the two Petsmarts by me. I don't buy fish there, but as a large pet store, they are always clean and the employees are usually helpful. When I was looking for birthday gerbils and I walked into the local Petland, I turned right around and walked out--it smelled awful :evil:

Back
Top Bottom