PFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I got some pfs from home depot and it seemed a lot more dirty than the kind I've used before... It's darker and kinda has a smell to it... I rinsed it but my water is still cloudy in my aquarium.. I guess itll be ok once I run the filter or should I completely drain it and start over!? Please don't tell me that lol since i just did that to replace the gravel... Haha

PFS will have a fair amount of dust on it. For future reference, you could put the sand in a pillow can and let it run under the shower. The idea is the dust will just pass through the pillowcase, but the sand grains will stay behind.

For now, let the filter run it's course and a couple of PWC's should help.

jcolon said:
PFS will have a fair amount of dust on it. For future reference, you could put the sand in a pillow can and let it run under the shower. The idea is the dust will just pass through the pillowcase, but the sand grains will stay behind.

For now, let the filter run it's course and a couple of PWC's should help.

It's getting better I just wanted to make sure it wasn't harmful... I tried the pillow case before an it worked but I used a pot and stirred with my hands and rinsed and repeated a few times and it worked great with the other pfs... I guess this was just dirtier lol
Here's where I'm at... The blue gravel was before. Oh and I already treated the water so I'm hoping it's settles well on it's own..

Attachments

• image-3373173992.jpg
    image-3373173992.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 117
  • image-2762350538.jpg
    image-2762350538.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 101
rich311k said:
Nice change, looks much better.

I thought so too.. Thanks ;) I got it off craigslist along with the blue gravel... Lol

Back
Top Bottom