pH between the LFS and my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
So fish do best when the pH level is not messed with. So will me transferring the fish from the pet store bag to my tank hurt my fish? My pH level is higher than that of the LFS so I am worried that will shock the fish. Is there a way to combat this?

So fish do best when the pH level is not messed with. So will me transferring the fish from the pet store bag to my tank hurt my fish? My pH level is higher than that of the LFS so I am worried that will shock the fish. Is there a way to combat this?

Ah! ... That's were properly acclimating your fish comes in. Drip acclimation's the way to go! Plenty of Youtube videos on it, but basically you run a thin plastic tube .. like an airline tube from your tank into a little bucket or pot that's holding your LFS purchase with it's water. Check the link below

How to Drip Acclimate Fish or Corals - YouTube

Ah! ... That's were properly acclimating your fish comes in. Drip acclimation's the way to go! Plenty of Youtube videos on it, but basically you run a thin plastic tube .. like an airline tube from your tank into a little bucket or pot that's holding your LFS purchase with it's water. Check the link below

How to Drip Acclimate Fish or Corals - YouTube

Hey thanks! Never heard of drip acclimation! Thanks for the video link. Ill check it out and do that for now on!

It'll give any new stock a better shot of adjusting to your tank. It's still no guarantee, especially with sensitive fish like neon or rummynose tetras, but I don't think there's an experienced member that wouldn't recommend drip acclimation. I do mine a max of three hours to a min of one hour (shrimp).

Back
Top Bottom