Ph is too high!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shadownova

Aquarium Advice Activist
My ph is about 8.2 :eek: and I need it to be lowered to around 7.0 any advice will help.

mix ro water with your tap water. what fish are you trying to support with the lower ph? i have rams and other dwarf cichlids that i lower my ph for. you will need to experiment until you find the correct mix. i use about 25% ro water to 75% tap. that gives me a ph of about 6.8.

Are you certain you need to lower it?

Stable pH that doesn't fluctuate is far more important than the specific number.

Generally, if the pH is stable, most fishkeepers don't need to mess with it, and trying to change pH can lead to fluctuations that do more harm than good.

If you could give the forum an idea of what kind of fish you have, that might also help as some fish are far more tolerant of high pH than others.

Good luck!

I am keeping a betta, some harlequin Rasboras, Cory cats, a mystery snail and platies.

I am keeping a betta, some harlequin Rasboras, Cory cats, a mystery snail and platies.

I don't think any of those fish are particularly picky when it comes to pH. Were it me, I'd leave the pH alone. So long as it's stable, you should be just fine.

Good luck!

Thanks I just wanted to know if it was high for them. Im sooooo relieved

I have tetras, corys, and a golden mystery(apple snail whatever) all in my tanks which are stable at 8.0/8.1 ish. Have had no problems.

I have corys/tetras/loaches and my pH is always 7.6-7.8 never had any issues, I wouldnt worry about it if its stable

I have a beta and platys in 8.5. They are fine, just keep an eye on your water and make sure it isn't jumping up and down.
an odd question but are you in an area of the US that was hit be those nasty storms friday and saturday?
We have had some odd fluctuations from the treatment plants going off line and getting them back up and running.

Had you area suffered allot of power outages?
We are still having problems around my area. Or water was turned off least night and was off most of the day today for repairs to the water treatment plant caused by power outages.

you should be fine with those fish at your natural ph.

Back
Top Bottom