pH issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i seen my fishes hiding a lot I didn’t know why.

So I change the water to 25% then found out my temperature was 75 F . So that’s only problem fix, then I quickly add hot water coz fit’s 75F. Fish was shocked. One dish died the day after. :( sad

Just fixed my heater.

Do u know how long the shock will be back to normal. Fish is in shock yesterday?

Last edited by a moderator:
My water test was all 0 but oh is 6.7 pH.

Saw post from Potluck in different thread...

"Okay another side note that a pH of 6.2 is not good, yes Some fish have to be in those conditions, beneficial bacteria starts to die off at a pH of 6, why are you running such low pH in your tank, the fish you have like a pH from 7-8."

Help trying to save fish

My water test was all 0 but oh is 6.7

It’s for my flower horn. I heard 6.7 is good so my water test is pH 6.7 since 1/2 days my fish is getting better.

Not in shock anymore.

Making the water adjustments would be best made gradually.

You might want to watch for Ich. White sprinkled dots like salt. Having too cold water and stress can cause an out break.

Also make sure you have a cycled tank - this article will help with a bunch of basic care tips which are really important.

Keeping up water changes will also help the fish be happier.

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Keep the water at 77 degrees. Use some sort of water temp meter when doing your water change and keep the water you're heating within 2 degrees of tank temp

Your Fish

So i seen my fishes hiding a lot I didn’t know why.

So I change the water to 25% then found out my temperature was 75 F . So that’s only problem fix, then I quickly add hot water coz fit’s 75F. Fish was shocked. One dish died the day after. :( sad

Just fixed my heater.

Do u know how long the shock will be back to normal. Fish is in shock yesterday?

Hello King...

25 percent water changes aren't enough to maintain a healthy tank. You're still leaving 75 percent of the pollutants in the water. The fish will then add to those pollutants until the next water change. You need to gradually work up to the point you're removing and replacing most of the water weekly. A 50 percent water change is the minimum, but more is always better. Larger, frequent water changes will maintain good oxygen and mineral levels. Your fish will appreciate the improvement in the water quality.

B

Hello King...

25 percent water changes aren't enough to maintain a healthy tank. You're still leaving 75 percent of the pollutants in the water. The fish will then add to those pollutants until the next water change. You need to gradually work up to the point you're removing and replacing most of the water weekly. A 50 percent water change is the minimum, but more is always better. Larger, frequent water changes will maintain good oxygen and mineral levels. Your fish will appreciate the improvement in the water quality.

B

I test the water after the water change . Oh is 6.7 and everything else was 0 . I check that flowerhorn could stand alive in 6.7

Hello King...

B

My fish is looking of now . They still hide but they are recovering. And they start eating but I think from the shock they forget me so I’m trying to remind the fish my face daily

My fish is looking of now . They still hide but they are recovering. And they start eating but I think from the shock they forget me so I’m trying to remind the fish my face daily

They all swimming healthy now . I just have to wait for the shock to end . It take 2/3 days . They are now happy and healthy water is good

Back
Top Bottom