Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-12-2019, 07:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 32
pH issues

So i seen my fishes hiding a lot I didn’t know why.

So I change the water to 25% then found out my temperature was 75 F . So that’s only problem fix, then I quickly add hot water coz fit’s 75F. Fish was shocked. One dish died the day after. sad

Just fixed my heater.

Do u know how long the shock will be back to normal. Fish is in shock yesterday?
__________________

__________________
Kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 32
pH issues

My water test was all 0 but oh is 6.7 pH.

Saw post from Potluck in different thread...

"Okay another side note that a pH of 6.2 is not good, yes Some fish have to be in those conditions, beneficial bacteria starts to die off at a pH of 6, why are you running such low pH in your tank, the fish you have like a pH from 7-8."
__________________

__________________
Kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 32
Help trying to save fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
My water test was all 0 but oh is 6.7


It’s for my flower horn. I heard 6.7 is good so my water test is pH 6.7 since 1/2 days my fish is getting better.

Not in shock anymore.
__________________
Kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:15 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 12,438
Making the water adjustments would be best made gradually.

You might want to watch for Ich. White sprinkled dots like salt. Having too cold water and stress can cause an out break.

Also make sure you have a cycled tank - this article will help with a bunch of basic care tips which are really important.

Keeping up water changes will also help the fish be happier.

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice
__________________

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:20 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
King Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,390
Keep the water at 77 degrees. Use some sort of water temp meter when doing your water change and keep the water you're heating within 2 degrees of tank temp
__________________
King Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:57 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
BBradbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,684
Your Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
So i seen my fishes hiding a lot I didnít know why.

So I change the water to 25% then found out my temperature was 75 F . So thatís only problem fix, then I quickly add hot water coz fitís 75F. Fish was shocked. One dish died the day after. sad

Just fixed my heater.

Do u know how long the shock will be back to normal. Fish is in shock yesterday?
Hello King...

25 percent water changes aren't enough to maintain a healthy tank. You're still leaving 75 percent of the pollutants in the water. The fish will then add to those pollutants until the next water change. You need to gradually work up to the point you're removing and replacing most of the water weekly. A 50 percent water change is the minimum, but more is always better. Larger, frequent water changes will maintain good oxygen and mineral levels. Your fish will appreciate the improvement in the water quality.

B
__________________
"Fear not, my young apprentice. Just change the tank water."
BBradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:15 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBradbury View Post
Hello King...

25 percent water changes aren't enough to maintain a healthy tank. You're still leaving 75 percent of the pollutants in the water. The fish will then add to those pollutants until the next water change. You need to gradually work up to the point you're removing and replacing most of the water weekly. A 50 percent water change is the minimum, but more is always better. Larger, frequent water changes will maintain good oxygen and mineral levels. Your fish will appreciate the improvement in the water quality.

B


I test the water after the water change . Oh is 6.7 and everything else was 0 . I check that flowerhorn could stand alive in 6.7
__________________
Kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:17 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBradbury View Post
Hello King...

25 percent water changes aren't enough to maintain a healthy tank. You're still leaving 75 percent of the pollutants in the water. The fish will then add to those pollutants until the next water change. You need to gradually work up to the point you're removing and replacing most of the water weekly. A 50 percent water change is the minimum, but more is always better. Larger, frequent water changes will maintain good oxygen and mineral levels. Your fish will appreciate the improvement in the water quality.

B


My fish is looking of now . They still hide but they are recovering. And they start eating but I think from the shock they forget me so Iím trying to remind the fish my face daily
__________________
Kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:00 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
My fish is looking of now . They still hide but they are recovering. And they start eating but I think from the shock they forget me so I’m trying to remind the fish my face daily


They all swimming healthy now . I just have to wait for the shock to end . It take 2/3 days . They are now happy and healthy water is good
__________________
Kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:01 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 12,438
Great to hear the fish are doing better!
__________________

__________________

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need advice on water issues and tank set-up Sam Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 5 08-17-2003 08:44 AM
Filtration/Water Quality Issues with Fry Brandon General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 1 05-26-2003 08:12 AM
Photo Gallery issues hisc1ay Forum Admin & Announcements 1 11-30-2002 08:07 AM
My ALK test results - any issues? IndyReef Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 3 08-13-2002 09:40 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.