Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

PH Level too high?

In my 58 litre/12 gallon, tank, I have 1 young Shubunkin Goldfish. He seems fine, but when I test the water, the PH is 8. Is this too high? Ammonia and Nitrite are 0, Nitrate are 10. I use the Freshwater Master Test Kit, not Dip-Sticks which I know can be unreliable. I have 3 plants, some bogwood and fake bamboo. The temperature is 20C. My PH has been around 7.8-8 for a week now, and I'm not sure whether to leave it or do something. I have had the tank for almost a month, and I think my cycling is over. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for helping
Shubunkin01

Old 10-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
As long as the PH stays steady you have nothing to worry about. Leave it alone, trying to adjust it will stress the fish far more than having a slightly elevated PH.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks Rich, I thought that this would probably might be the best thing to do, but wanted a second opinion.

Thanks!
Shubunkin01
Old 10-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah, for freshwater, the most important thing with MOST fish is that the pH is steady, not necassarily where it is. as long as it isnt at the extremes

Tags
level, ph level

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com