ph problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monkey Magic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys im having problems with my ph about a week ago i found out that the driftwood in my tank was changing my ph so i removed it and did a pwc tested and it remained roughly the same so since then ive done about 4 50% pwc and its testing in a color i cant even compare to on my api test kit card its like a dark yellow which dosent really look like any colour on the chart. Ive tested my tap water and its the colour it usually is which is 7.0 so im not sure if its my test kit i clean the test tubes before and after the test dry them out and retest and get the same colour. i have in the past used ph down and ph up but was advised not to use it at all so ive stopped. I just dont know what else it could be. all my other levels test normal:facepalm:

Monkey Magic said:
what would that bring the ph upto?

I can't give you a number. My water is naturally hard so I don't have to worry about it. I have co2 on my planted tank to help bring the ph down.

Monkey Magic said:
ill give it a shot thanks

Just experiment and see how much your tank needs to bring the pH up to the desired level. Start with a little bag and go up from there until re pH is where you wan it. but you don't want to screw with the pH too much if you have fish in there.

i do have fish in there but what could be cause it if my ph comes out of the tap at 7 shouldnt a 50% water change bring the ph up a little?

Monkey Magic said:
i do have fish in there but what could be cause it if my ph comes out of the tap at 7 shouldnt a 50% water change bring the ph up a little?

Yeah it will, but the question is: will it come down again? So the crushed coral will buffer the water long term and keep the pH stable. A pwc is good for now though to bring it back up Until you get some coral in your filter

Back
Top Bottom