ph problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruip

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok hopefully someone can help..I have two 55gal tanks and I'm having ph problems. They both drop ph to 6.0 I'm using the api master kit. I did a test with water in a cup and left it out for a week and ph is 7.2 but in both tanks it drops to 6.0...need help please

I would retest my tap by letting it set it out, with an occasional stir, for only 24hrs not a week. If your tap water is a normal Ph then doing a regular water change, weekly or twice weekly, should keep the tank Ph steady. How often do you check the Ph in your tanks? I would check the Ph, do a 50% or so water change, then retest daily to see how long it takes for the Ph to drop. If you've done any of this forgive me, I'm throwing things out there hoping something helps. :)

Yea I've been doing atleast one water change a week sometimes two and I check ph before I do water change every time.

Yea I've been doing atleast one water change a week sometimes two and I check ph before I do water change every time.

Hmmm, it's dropping quick. What is your stock? What kind of substrate, plants, etc.? Filter media? What kind of water conditioner do you use?

On one tank substrate is reg gravel I b ought at walmart,no plants,I'm running two hang on back filters one rated for 70 gal the other 30 for stock I have mixed african cichlids...and the other tank I'm using pool sand for substrate no plants and one marineland penguin power filter 350 with one redtail cat and one texas cichlid

Oh and I use prime water conditioner

Back
Top Bottom