phantom fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joejeff

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone else ever had a fish who disappeared and reappeared and you never found out where it goes? I have two upside down catfish MIA. Saw one of them this morning. Idk where they are now. Moved decor around w no luck... Bet tomorrow ill see them cruising. But I want to know where they are hiding lol. Once had a full grow jack dempsey do the same thing for weeks! Thought it was a jumper I couldn't find. Then one day he was back... Weird... Am I alone in this? Lol.

joejeff said:
Anyone else ever had a fish who disappeared and reappeared and you never found out where it goes? I have two upside down catfish MIA. Saw one of them this morning. Idk where they are now. Moved decor around w no luck... Bet tomorrow ill see them cruising. But I want to know where they are hiding lol. Once had a full grow jack dempsey do the same thing for weeks! Thought it was a jumper I couldn't find. Then one day he was back... Weird... Am I alone in this? Lol.

Lol what?!? How big was the tank!!?

Gboy66 said:
Lol what?!? How big was the tank!!?

The jack was a few yrs ago in my 75. I removed every thong but the gravel... Was when I lived at home. So it was like four yrs ago... Anyway. The jack reappeared and I still have him today. Now in my planted 29 the cats are missing... Moved wood and boat and no sign of them...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111121_220922.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111121_220922.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 67
joejeff said:
The jack was a few yrs ago in my 75. I removed every thong but the gravel... Was when I lived at home. So it was like four yrs ago... Anyway. The jack reappeared and I still have him today. Now in my planted 29 the cats are missing... Moved wood and boat and no sign of them...

Best I can figure they were inside of boat or maybe the wood on rt is a little hollow? And they could be hiding in there. Idk. It's weird and has happened to me b4...

Light kicked off and cat reappeared! I want to know where he is hiding though!

joejeff said:
Light kicked off and cat reappeared! I want to know where he is hiding though!

You could take your decor out and put each piece in a different bucket full of tank water. Then when he comes out you'll know what piece he's in.

Mumma.of.two said:
You could take your decor out and put each piece in a different bucket full of tank water. Then when he comes out you'll know what piece he's in.

That is elaborate. But would def wrk.

Back
Top Bottom