Phosphate removal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone used or could recommend a product that reduces phosphates significantly? Not being able to do multiple WCs every week, I need something to help me out.

Fluval makes a pretty good one. Can't remember what it's called. ??Phos-guard??
Petco or Petsmart website should show it & it's details. Comes in a packet like Purigen does. OS.

[Q UOTE=FishyBusiness;2931625]I've heard good things about phos-guard too. www.drsfostersmith.com sells it for a good price and some good info about it. Under fish section, click on 'phosphate removal'.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was thinking of an additive that will trap it and something like phosphate guard to remove it might do the trick. Thanks guys!

I've used PhosGuard off and on for many years and it does the job quite nicely. WC's are better but if you absolutely can't do more than one large 50% one weekly then I would use this in your filter as long as it's a fish only tank.

Reducing Phosphates

u
Has anyone used or could recommend a product that reduces phosphates significantly? Not being able to do multiple WCs every week, I need something to help me out.

Hello PJ...

Check the ingredients of the flaked food you're feeding. It's likely high in phosphates. Reduce the amount you feed, this will be a good start. Water changes of half the tank's volume done every one to two weeks will keep the fish and plants healthy.

B

Back
Top Bottom