Picky pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deminox

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone have a picky pleco?

I've got this bushy nose, almost a year old now. He love love loooves zucchini. And algea pellets. And his one driftwood.

But nothing else. Carrots, Brussels, cabbage.. just ignores them.

Oh and nothing blanched. You blanch it, he ignores it. So of course i wash the veggies with a veggie scrubber and only buy organic so as not to have pesticide laced tank water :p

I'm concerned there isn't enough variety in his diet. He almost exclusively eats the zucchini. More than the algea pellets with that helpful protein in it.

This post brought to you by.. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Hi. My BN will come out to eat an algae wafers every night for a week or two then I don't see him for a month, he lives in a cave within the bogwood. I have thought he must be dead so many times but he's fine. When BNs get a bit older they don't seem to feed like other fish. I've stopped worrying about him now and don't actually feed him anything specifically, haven't done for a year. There are about 60 tetras in the tank, hundreds of shrimp and MTSs. He's eating something because when he's out I can see his stomach is rounded and not concave. He's a bit of a mystery but still my favourite fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom