pics of my 29 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordinho80

Aquarium Advice Freak
here are some shots of my 29 gal tank...the barbs have since been donated to my brother for his all barb tank...

29_full.jpg

barbs_frogs_01.jpg

barbs_frogs_02.jpg

mollies_01.jpg

krap101 said:
yeah its really nice. the black rocks really accent your fish :)

i agree completely...thats why i now have a black background on that tank as well as one on my 55...

also, my 55 will be going from pfs to tahitian moon sand this weekend...the black is just beautiful...

anybody have any stocking suggestions for the 29 though...the mollies are a bit lonely in that tank...what other small school can i put with them?

thanks...
Mario

Very nice!! You might keep it as a livebeareres species tank and go with swordtails or more guppies to go with the mollies. I think I remember reading where mollies prefer slightly brackish and these livebearers in general would be ok with it.

Then of course some peaceful tetras would also be a nice addition.

Fancy guppies would be cool in the 29 also. You can get some ideas by checking Fancyguppyguy's or Guppyman's galleries. Of course, that's if you betta isn't really aggressive.

my betta is very tame...keeps to himself...

i'll check out the fancy guppies...

thanks...

PS..anyone know frogs? one of my african dwarfs has gotten discolored...he seems VERY pale...u can see him in one of the pics...any ideas???

Unless your adding female guppies to the tank with the betta, I'd skip them. Even a "nice" betta isn't gonna appreciate the long flowing fins of a male guppy. You betta is tame because he has no competition. He will see the fins of a guppy as a threat and the guppy will not fare well.
There are quite a few small schooling tetras. Neons, goldens and rubies to name a few. For something a bit bigger you could go with maybe a couple rummeynoses. They are lovely and get about two inches. I have 9 and they stay in a pretty tight school.

Great tank!!!

Glowlight tetras would look awesome in there, and I also like Fluff's idea for the rummy nose. I have 6 myself and they are really cool- try to find tank raised ones if you choose them, as they are much more hardy. I also agree with not adding guppies with a betta. I've tried this myself and believe me, the guppies didn't fare too well. :( Grrrrr......bad LFS advice.....

thanks to all for the stocking advice...

back onto the frog...any idea what the issue might be???

thanks...
Mario

I've seen a light dwarf frog at petsmart like yours and it acted normal. I don't think it's anything to worry about, unless it stops eating or acting different than usual. What do you feed the frogs?
2 of my dwarf frogs have nearly the same color, while the other one is more browner.

they feed off a combination of the flake food that falls to the gravel as well as frog bites...

he has acted normal and has been eating as far as i can tell, he has been pale like that for over a month now...i guess he's ok...

thanks...

Nice tank and pics. Which camera? Do you use a tripod?

Back
Top Bottom