Pics of my newly cycled tank! And some questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey you can help me set them up personally in May.... thanks as always

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

Here's a couple more pics. One from across the room to get the night time feel. The camera still doesn't do it justice because it's not as bright as in the picture and it looks much more violet than the blue in the pic.

The second is of my tiny little moss ball :) From what I've read, it helps prevent algae because it competes for the nutrients the algae needs. It also doesn't need to be fertilized or have specific lighting requirements. It bounces around the tank on it's own searching for nutrients and spots where it likes the light.

Who knows, might even help my cycle along.

Oops, forgot to attach the pics

Attachments

• New Hood lights 028.jpg
    New Hood lights 028.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 58
  • New Hood lights 031.jpg
    New Hood lights 031.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 60
that tank looks amazing.. some people just do good jobs at decorating tanks.. did you use a tetra ex 70?

Thanks! I'll get some pics up soon once I get some swimmers in there. Only thing alive in there now is my moss ball, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

aquabeast said:
that tank looks amazing.. some people just do good jobs at decorating tanks.. did you use a tetra ex 70?

Yep, I'd like to upgrade to a Fluval one day, just working with what I've got for now. Thanks for the compliment. I ought to take down the first set of pics, it looks so much better with my new lights...plus I added a couple more plants.

Ugh!!! Why do they tie these plastic bags so tight?! Taking me longer to open the bags than it'll take to acclimate them!!!

Trying to keep the bag intact so I can acclimate them the best way. I got it open, just at the expense of my finger nails, lol.

They're all in checking it out! I acclimated them really slowly because the lfs water is 7.0 and mine is 7.4. I'm gonna give them a while to check things out before I try to snap some pics. At this point the Glo Fish and leopard danios are all over the tank, but the two types of tetras are more interested in the little grassy area I made. Tell you one thing, with all these quick little fish it's gonna be hard to take a head count every day.

Good job my friend. Enjoy your hard work and relax a little

lol the only thing fluval i have is my heater for my 55 gallon.. cost me 35 dollars.. back when i didnt know what fluval was and how top of the line they were.. it looks great man.. some real granite rocks or any rocks for that matter will give it a more natural appeal.. thats what i did.. i didnt load it up tho. its so pretty i didnt realize there wasnt fish in it.lol

Here they are! First pic is them in the bag waiting to check out their new home. 2nd is a side shot. 3rd is full tank. 4th is my artsy little shot with my fancy moss ball! I'll get some pics of the 2 types of tetras once they get brave enough to get out of the bushes, lol.

Attachments

• New fish! 271.jpg
    New fish! 271.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 80
  • New fish! 299.jpg
    New fish! 299.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 83
  • New fish! 305.jpg
    New fish! 305.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 80
  • New fish! 324.jpg
    New fish! 324.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 83
Nice fishies dude! Glad they found you!

Deckape said:
Nice fishies dude! Glad they found you!

Those leopard danios are for you my friend...thanks for all your help.

Thank you Sir, that was real nice of you. We did good. Thank you for all of your help too. I will have to get a glowfish or two for you. Ones with afterburners.

We started tanks for danios not with them. Congratulations

Back
Top Bottom