pics of new baby angels EDIT - 4 dead in one day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Someone asked for these... it isn't the best pictures cuz they move around soo much.. LOL.. but anyway, i have 2 of the zebra striped ones... 3 blushing (they are my favorite), and 2 silver/white ones... but here are the pics of the ones that stayed still enough to not be a blur.

EDIT- a post later down, I had bought 3 from one store and 4 from another store. ALL 4 from the same store died and the other 3 from the other store are perfectly healthy.

Attachments

• baby_blushing_angels.jpg
    baby_blushing_angels.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 71
  • babyangel_close_up.jpg
    babyangel_close_up.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 49
  • babyangels1.jpg
    babyangels1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 90
Heres one more, for some reason wouldn't attach up top

Attachments

• blushign_angel.jpg
    blushign_angel.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 50
the reason it wouldnt attach with the rest is because you can only do 3 pictures per post.

Beautiful babies! They are so cute. I am suprised you got pics at all, LOL, fry never seem to want their pics taken. :?

Thanks i can't wait till the grow out and pair up :mrgreen: Hopefully i will get more than one pair.. and if i do it will be a good excuse to get anohter tank :roll:

AshleyNicole said:
Thanks i can't wait till the grow out and pair up :mrgreen: Hopefully i will get more than one pair.. and if i do it will be a good excuse to get anohter tank :roll:

No MTS there LOL.

what angel is this
download.php

is that a zebra or altum ?

I don't know Bubble boy, i just got them out of a tank at the fish store... i got mine from 2 different places... A really weird thing though, I spent last night at work, at the hospital because of the hurricane, and I just came home and all of my angels from one store are dead... 4 of them, :cry: and the 3 I got from another store are alive and well... Do you think the ones from the store that died probably had somethign before i got them??? They all were perfectly healthy and eating before I left last night at about 9pm... WEIRD. No loss of power, temp is fine, and no ammonia or nitrite spikes (both at zero). Nitrate is at about 10-20. I am completely perplexed... the only thing i can imagine is that the 4 that i got from the store that died must've been sick before i got them :(

So now i just have 3 left... 2 blushing and 1 zebra... but they are still really small so I am going to go to the store i got them from and probably get 3 more later this week. I won't buy anymore from the other store where they all died from :|

soory to hear about that Ashley..

with littly juvi's its hard to tell sometimes, they tend to be more fragile then the bigger ones.. maybe the ones you have now were at that LFS longer and were survivors?

well... the 4 that i got from the store that died... that store has been established for a long time. There is a new petco down the road.. JUST opened 2 weeks ago, and the 3 i got from them are alive and well. So i am thinking that the new petco just has cleaner tanks, cleaner water, and healthier fish... at least for now.

if there closer to you.. they might have closer to the same water peramiters in there tanks to yours.. the same acclimation wouldnt have had the same effect maybe..

i remember last time, i had quarter size angels and i only had like ONE die... so maybe because i got these sooooo small was why they didn't last... that definitely makes sense. Also the water thing.. Greenmaji... i guess that makes sense too because the ones closer to me are still doing ok.

the water is a theroy to consider.. If the other pet shop is on the same water system, its likey close to the same as yours.. you might want to look into it..
If you get the tiny ones you might want to consider drip acclimation next time.. HTH

I do drip accimilation.. always with all the fish... The angels lived for about a week and a half so i am positive they must've had a preexisting condition that didn't exhibit itself... or hell maybe it could be the water. I will never know, all i can do is speculate.

Sorry to hear about your loss Ashley. Man are you having some bad luck! I agree the babies may have had something wrong with them before you got them.

Back
Top Bottom