Picture of My New Cycled Tank. - Thanks For All Your Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manix

Aquarium Advice Activist
I would like to thank all the members who have taken the time to give me helpful advice, and guided me through the cycling and fish selection process. :thanks:

My tank is finally cycled and I'm on my way to having a happy tank. (y)

tankda.jpg

imag0092j.jpg

imag0094j.jpg

imag0095i.jpg

imag0096f.jpg

imag0097ap.jpg

Oh wow, it's pretty. Good job!
How big is it?

Cool looking tank. I'm not into freshwater tanks, but that's stunning. Nice job!

Thanks. I already want a bigger tank.

Oh wow, it's pretty. Good job!
How big is it?

40 gallons. I love the driftwood. It has so many holes and tunnels for the fish to swim through and loaches to squeeze into. There are some holes I didn't know existed until I saw the loaches squeezing in. :lol:

I'll see if I can take a closer pic later.

Plants:

• Bronze and Green Cryptocoryne
  • Narrow Leaf Green Temple
  • Lace Java Fern,
  • Ludwigia Repens
  • Dwarf Hairgrass (trying to get it to carpet)
  • Red Cabomba
  • Red and Green Foxtail
  • Red Tiger Lotus
Fish:

• 5 x Zebra Danios
  • Dwarf Gourami
  • Pearl Gourami
  • 5x Kuhli Loaches

Looks great! Very nice placement of all the elements in it.

I'm quite jealous of your driftwood. I hope you enjoy your lace java fern too - I love mine. Good luck with the DHG, I had a very hard time with mine.

Looks great! Very nice placement of all the elements in it.

I'm quite jealous of your driftwood. I hope you enjoy your lace java fern too - I love mine. Good luck with the DHG, I had a very hard time with mine.

Thanks. But I don't think the Dwarf Hairgrass will work out. I will give it another 2-3 weeks and if it isn't showing any signs of carpeting I'm going to settle for Dwarf Sagittaria. It is not as dense but it will work.

Unless there are any other recommendations for carpeting.

very nice tank. imo you can't beat the beauty of live plants. you did a great job with placement and the drift wood is really cool. enjoy!!

just a little word of advice on the red pond lilly I see in the left. first if its a bulb dont burry it all the way let the top be exposed it will shoot out alot more leafs for you that way. If you keep it trimmed they develop alot of leaves and stay bunched like a bush and they look VERY nice. That what I do to mine because it shoots up a peddle to the top of my 75 gallon tank every day but by keeping it trimed it doesnt block the light to the other leaves and creats a much fuller plant. Tank looks great though good work. well unless you have Co2 any carpeting plant will grow very slow. I like Micro sword thats what I have growing in my tank, however I do have pressurised co2

CleverBs said:
just a little word of advice on the red pond lilly I see in the left. first if its a bulb dont burry it all the way let the top be exposed it will shoot out alot more leafs for you that way. If you keep it trimmed they develop alot of leaves and stay bunched like a bush and they look VERY nice. That what I do to mine because it shoots up a peddle to the top of my 75 gallon tank every day but by keeping it trimed it doesnt block the light to the other leaves and creats a much fuller plant. Tank looks great though good work. well unless you have Co2 any carpeting plant will grow very slow. I like Micro sword thats what I have growing in my tank, however I do have pressurised co2

Mine didn't come with a bulb. So far I have two lily pads floating for my gourami. I'm going to look into micro sword. Right now I'm using API CO2 Booster. I'm not sure how good it is but the instructions says to dose daily. I need to research on custom CO2.

Mine didn't come with a bulb. So far I have two lily pads floating for my gourami. I'm going to look into micro sword. Right now I'm using API CO2 Booster. I'm not sure how good it is but the instructions says to dose daily. I need to research on custom CO2.

You would neee to be pressurized to do a co2 with your size tank you may be able to do a DIY with a few bottles of yest but I'm not siure

Hholly said:
Have you added fish yet?

So far I have:

6 x Blue Rasboras
5 x Kuhli Loaches
5 x Zebra Danios
4 x True Siamese Algae Eaters
1 x Pearl Gourami
1 x Dwarf Gourami

Planning to add 7 Harlequin Rasboras very soon to go along with my Blue Rasboras.

I want Red Cherry Shrimps but I beleive they will get eaten.

Thanks. I'm still in the process of adding more plants. If my dwarf hairgrass fails I'm going for Dwarf Sag Subulata.

I bought it for $20 locally. It wasn't what I wanted but I got tired of driving all over the place wasting gas so I settled. Turns out it was pretty good buy. Kuhli Loaches love the several tunnels or caves and the danios always race each other around it every morning like its Daytona 500.

Back
Top Bottom