Pictus attacking other fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRaid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know these are peaceful in some cases when they are in a school but they sold out where I am at so I only have one right now. My problem is he is being very territorial where my pangasius catfish hangs out which is way bigger than him haha. Is this normal behavior? I'm worried about my pangasius dying of stress. Is there anything I can do to stop the territorial behavior like putting a cave there or something for it to hide in. It's really attached to this corner and I've noticed my baby pangasius like to troll him by chilling in that corner until he gets back. So what can I do?

Yes have at least 3 caves for 2 fish. Make sure they cannot get stuck.

I hope you have a plan for your Pangassius. They sure get huge. Most people can't house them properly. I'm really glad my Petsmart stopped selling them.

If you have room get more Pictus. And learn how to catch them. Don't use a normal net, they get stuck.

Pictus aren't peaceful at all...they're known small fish eaters.

Yes have at least 3 caves for 2 fish. Make sure they cannot get stuck.

I hope you have a plan for your Pangassius. They sure get huge. Most people can't house them properly. I'm really glad my Petsmart stopped selling them.

If you have room get more Pictus. And learn how to catch them. Don't use a normal net, they get stuck.

Ty for the advice I added another cave and things worked out. And Ik about the pangasius it's not my first time having them. I can always put them in the pond out back if they ever got to big. And I'm working on getting 3 more Pictus to but they're sold out by me so I'll probably have to order them online.

Ty for the advice I added another cave and things worked out. And Ik about the pangasius it's not my first time having them. I can always put them in the pond out back if they ever got to big. And I'm working on getting 3 more Pictus to but they're sold out by me so I'll probably have to order them online.

I'm not going to beat you over the head about it.... BUT if your Pangassius ISN'T getting Huge, you are doing something wrong. Big fish need room as babies or they become stunted and die young. Yours should hit at least 12-18" I would guess.

Please stop buying Pangassius unless you want 2' fish. Buy other species that you can raise to adult size in a healthy way :)
As far as a pond, they are tropical fish.
You don't move them WHEN they grow, you move them so they CAN grow.

Ok, lecture over. Enjoy your fish, glad the fighting stopped.

Back
Top Bottom