Pictus cat and angel 75 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomasm87

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 75 gallon tank that wont be set up for a while but stocking ideas are driving me crazy. I want angels and pictus catfish. Tell me about the pictus are they active during the day and will 4-5 be fine in the 75? And as for the angels should i do a pair or should i go single or 3 or more? I like the angels but have no experience with them. is less easier to care for or is more, to spread out aggression? I dont know what else to add to the tank neither. rainbows, tertras, barbs. Im leaning towards the cats and angels but all advise and suggestions are welcome.

I have pictus and angels together. There's no problem with them but at first I was afraid the pictus would hurt the angel because he gets over excited when it's feeding time.

yeah i heard they go crazy when they smell food. what else do you keep with your angels?

Harlequins, corys, ottos, blue rams, and a couple of pearl gourami. I thought the angels and the pearl wouldn't get along but they seem to care nothing for each other.

I think you could definitley do the pictus and angels. I would do 4 pictus cats and get 4 2-3 inch angels. When 2 of them pair off you could rehome the other 2.

I might get 4 and keep a pair. is there any problem with keeping a pair of angels and two unpaired angels in the same tank?

There kind of is since in most cases the pair will just beat up on the other angels you could just rehome the other 2 and I would replace them with a nice school of turquoise or bosemani rainbow fish.

Back
Top Bottom