Pictus Catfish loops?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRaid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I finally decided to get on here after awhile and find out why my pictus does this. He is housed with a pangasius and they get along great. No territory issues or anything but from since I've had my pictus which is about 3 months now he just swims in loops around the left side of the tank where my heaters at. It has a gap so he will swim through it over and over all day and night long. The only time he stops is to go look for food. As soon as he's done eating he repeats going in loops again lol. It resembles the black kuhli loaches when they're happy and how they make loops but usually in the current. Is my pictus alright or could he possibly see his reflection? I've been meaning to possibly try and get 3 other pictus so he can school with them but they're sold out by me and online is expensive. I rather just have one to kinda anyways since I've seen how my friends pictus get a long with each other. (Not very well).

Mine did that- but I think it was because the featherfins had the other end of the tank. I had 3 pictus who got on fine together, but were stressed out by the featherfins. All 3 died within a short time. :-(

Finally got 2 other pictus. He's calmed down now and swims with them.

Back
Top Bottom