Pictus with Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronBurr

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey Guys I’m unhappy with how my stocking is coming together so I’m trying to modify it some. The original plan was some skirt tetras, some black mollies, pictus catfish and a dwarf gourami. But the dwarf gourami is so tiny he’s not standing out as much as I want him to. And he doesn’t cause the other fish to group up any.

I was thinking I could move the dwarf gourami to my 10g with tetras and guppies. And get a 6" angle fish for the 55g
1) Will an angel fish help skirt tetras or black mollies group up a little more?
2) What are general thoughts on putting pictus catfish with angel fish?

On a side note: What do you guys do with last fish of a school? I have a single longfinned Danio in the 55g. He's very active so I worry about putting him in a smaller tank. But if I get pictus I think he’ll get eaten... And I'd rather avoid that.

Any advice is appreciated!

I had my angel fish with skirt tetras and the the tetras where way to aggressive for the angels and even killed a few. But I've heard a lot of people keeping them together without a problem so I don't know

I hadn't considered the skirts might annoy the angel, thanks for letting me know. Right now I have 6 total, 3 albino and 3 normal (?) Ones. Hopefully this is a school large enough that the feel protected. I will try to do some research, but has anyone else seen this?

Back
Top Bottom