pink and blue widows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TASHANCRAIG

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi guys has anyone heard of pink and blue widows i was told they are nice community fish but have never heard of them b4 any1 got any advise on these as i think they are stunning little fish :p

they are actually called black widow tetra but check out this link if you read abit down the article it tells you that they do come in pink a blue Black Widow Tetra (Gymnocorymbus ternetzi) - A Profile of the Black Widow Tetra (Gymnocorymbus ternetzi)

however, if you ever find any of the pink or blue widows DON"T buy them! PLEASE! The don't come that way, they have been dyed. They will inject them with a color dye which is very harmful to the fish, resulting in the fish being prone to getting diseases and it shortens their life span.
Please don't buy this fish. The black widow tetras are just as nice!

thankfully i've only seen a dyed fish at one lfs by my. and i raised a big fit, and they got rid of them. they were calling them "techno fish" i think they were the indian glass fish though not the tetras

omg thats awful i live down the street from a lfs and he has a whole tank full of these i will definatly not be buying them then thanks guys

yes it is awful, and disgusting. do some research on dyed fish you'll find quite a few species they do it to. that way if you see them in a lfs you'll know to buy them. if you do see them, try and speak with a manager or even the owner and explain to them that its not right. maybe youll have luck and they will listen to you...my lfs did :D

Back
Top Bottom