Pink guppies? Anyone seen this before?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, my guppies are freaks of nature. They are all red or yellow, but I have two males with lyre tails. Never had a lyre tail or bought females in with lyre tails. Anyway, one of these fish is pink. Hot pink, not red in a trick of light. Pink. And snakeskin/striped. It's so wierd- anyone seen it before?
Can't get any good pictures at all.
Edit- not pink like the guppies when you search on google for pink guppies, more red- pink. Has it happened to anyone? All I've ever had is reds.

I'll try it's only the one and I've been looking closer he also has purple blue and green. I've only ever kept reds and blues and the blue never had any babies I kept him separate

Well in my experience with the guppies I have had/seen the lyre tails tend to be more metallic but more pastel in colors

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oddly enough, he isn't metallic at all pretty much- maybe the pastel thing though? He only has one part to the lyre tail, the lower part- I called it that because that's what I thought it was, sorry if that confused you.

Huh. Strange. But kinda cool. Interested in seeing a pic if you can get one. Sounds like an awesome coloring :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom