Piranhas. Time to make them happy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lareland

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

As some of you might remember I saved a piranha from a friend about a month or so ago (probably not since I'm still very new to this site haha). This guy is doing great I know these guys do best in shoals so I went and bought 2 more to keep him company. They are between 4-5 inches each now. Feeding a great variety of food for the diet. They are in a 55 gallon with no substrate (easy cleaning once a week) and lots of hiding places.

I was wondering if I went to get 1-2 more piranhas how long it would be until I need to move them to a bigger tank. I would need to buy the piranhas soon because the only piranhas at my disposal are fry and 4-5 inchers at my lfs.

Keep in mind these guys get along great (hardly any fin nipping), and have pretty decent filtration 600-650 gph and going to add ehiem canister filter on top of that soon. With lots of hiding places. These fish are a little shy but I really love them, they each have their own personality (awesome to watch), and really are some pretty cool looking fish even under the dim lighting they need.

I'm a senior in high school and I have a great job lined up next week after I graduate. I would love to be able to come home from college every month to a great little shoal and be able out them in a reallllly nice tank after college and spoil them, just need to know how many, tank size, and how long 5 would last in this one.

Thank you guys so much for any opinions you post. And just because someone puts their opinion doesn't mean you can't think differently so lemme know how you feels. Thanks again. :thanks: (y)

Lareland

Back
Top Bottom