Placed DrsFostersmith.com order.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrcrazypants05

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I ordered the stuff for my 125gallon saturday:

ITEM DETAILS FOR THIS ORDER:
1) CD-907364 XP3 FilStar Canister Filter

Quantity: 2
Price: $86.19
Total: $172.38
- - - - - - - - - -

2) CD-17028 ETH In-Line Heater (300 watt)

Quantity: 2
Price: $41.19
Total: $82.38
- - - - - - - - - -

3) CD-15568 Malaysian Driftwood (10-15")

Quantity: 1
Price: $8.39
Total: $8.39

----------------------------------------------------------------

SUBTOTAL: $ 263.15

I opted for the Expidited shipping for like $8 more than standard. However at 8pm I receieved a phone call. It was from someone from drsfostersmith.com and they said that it would cost more to be shipped because the filters were oversized. I said it was fine to just do standard shipping. It would have been $40 for 2-4 days or $13 for 4-7 days. For only maybe 3-4 days more it would be $25 cheaper so I said well whatever lol. That's pretty good customer service. I wasn't expecting any calls at all from these people. Any other website I've ordered from would've probably charged the $40 and sent it anyway and told me later or not at all. I ordered about 30 minutes before I receieved the phone call. Let's just hope it gets here in great condition. I'll keep you all posted ;P Can't wait to get this thing cycled and then get my fish!

that sounds pretty sweet. i was looking for a good site online that i can get live plants from for cheep. any ideas. i am looking foreward to a pic of the new tank.

ya me to but it never hurts to ask. i am pretty sure other people will look into this thread and know a good place.

aquariumplants.com This seems to be a popular one at AA.

What is your definition of cheep? Decent shipping usually starts at around $20 anywhere you go. This has always kept me from buying plants online. The plants themselves seem very reasonably priced.

well i was looking at buying some amazon swords and some more giant hygro for my tank and they are around 5 bucks a peice here so i was looking for a place that maybe i can get them cheaper is i buy like 10-15 plants at once. like cheaper after i include shipping. sorry i hyjacked this thread and started asking my own questions. oh and i also need to make sure they ship to canada

DrsFosterSmith.com is a great place to order from. I get most of my stuff from them. My sister also ordered the XP3 and got the same phone call. I thought it was great that they do that.

Anyone with experiance wanna say how long it took them to get their order? I can't believe how impatient I am lol... it's only been 1 business day. Do they usually email you and tell you how far along they are in the process?

You will get an e-mail confirming the order has shipped that will include the tracking number. I ordered a Filstar xP1 and an ETH 201 from Drs. Foster & Smith on a Monday and it shipped on Thursday. There were a bunch of other items on the order. They were probably waiting for them to come in so the order could be shipped complete.

I ordered some supplies from them, by phone, and I got it 2 days later. Everything was in the box and well packed. I found them to be courteous and professional.

My 2 cents.

8)

Dr Fostersmith has been my main online fish-tailer choice. Yes, they normally send you an email with a tracking#.... but at times, I get the package on average about 1 week later with no email... I am on the east coast.

I'd say they're extremely reliable and have been using them for a few yrs back to when they were Petwarehouse.

When a box of 10 Flourish Root tabs cost about $10 at the local brick and mortar retailers, Dr Fostersmtih charges around $5... I get a few of these and other supplies in 1 order to save on shipping charges. I'm shoving these tabs in my substrate every few months for my planted tank. You can't beat it. Oh, and the other Seachem ferts are close to half price too... also very good prices on food.

Ship date
Aug 30, 2005
Estimated delivery
Sep 1, 2005

Must not take as long cause i'm in Kansas and they ship from Wisconsin. Sep 1... I'll be off work tomorrow so that'll be great lol I can set everything up and get my cycle started!

I just ordered from them too!

Ship date
Aug 30, 2005
Estimated delivery
Sep 2, 2005

:mrgreen: The anticipation is definitely exciting.

I agree with that assessment Quake2player. I purchased about 90% of the supplies for my 75 gal from them. I placed the order on a Saturday and it was at my door on Tuesday.

*By the way, they are having a summer sale that ends on the 5th of Sept. I would suggest getting your stuff quickly to enjoy these discounts. :)

Dr. foster and smith are pimps.
I ordered a filstar xp3 (my second) a rena 300 watt heater a bucket of salt (this is all for my marine set up, my first) and it came in 3 days.
(y)

ace1uno_00 said:
Dr. foster and smith are pimps.

pimps? In my vernacular "pimps" is a pejorative description of someone. Pimps are criminals who arrange the men for young hookers. They take all/most/part of the fees the hooker earns.

What does "pimps" mean in your vernacular?

That Fish Place is a little cheaper but it takes a little longer for them to ship. I just recently got an order from DrsFoster&Smith the next day after they told me it was shipped. Actually shipped three days earlier. GOOD place. I order from ThatFishPlace only if I am not in a hurry as it is usually lower priced for the same items but not always, I have ordered from them for at least 10yrs and they have always been slow in shipping but the stuff is well packed and in good condition and costs less most of the time. When DrsFoster&Smith have a sale it is the cheapest place. I bought my XP3 from them.
caudelfin

Back
Top Bottom