Plan for 12.5g(50litre) tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been considering setting up my spare 12.5g tank that used to be in my sons room again. I got the larger 41g community so I could put away all the smaller tanks and just have the one larger tank, but nope they keep finding there way back up and running ;) haha. So this time I wanted to really look into some different options instead of just jumping straight in.
It's only stock lights so Its going to be a low light planted like the other 2. I really want something different fish wise any suggestions ? I can't do dwarf puffers we don't get them here so that's out, I like shrimp but have had those but still a possibility. Suggestions are all welcome :) once I've figured out what fish I'm going to have ill choose substrate and decor to suit them

I've been considering setting up my spare 12.5g tank that used to be in my sons room again. I got the larger 41g community so I could put away all the smaller tanks and just have the one larger tank, but nope they keep finding there way back up and running ;) haha. So this time I wanted to really look into some different options instead of just jumping straight in.
It's only stock lights so Its going to be a low light planted like the other 2. I really want something different fish wise any suggestions ? I can't do dwarf puffers we don't get them here so that's out, I like shrimp but have had those but still a possibility. Suggestions are all welcome :) once I've figured out what fish I'm going to have ill choose substrate and decor to suit them
Maybe glow fish if they are available in you're area?

Are they illegal for sale or for ownership?
This is what it said on their website

Why can’t I buy GloFish® fluorescent fish in Australia, Canada, or Europe? At present, Australia, Canada, and Europe prohibit the marketing of any genetically modified organisms, including our tropical fluorescent fish, until they are cleared through an extremely complex and costly review process. For now, due to the time, expense, and uncertainty involved with the approval process, we have no plans to submit an application in either Canada or Europe.

This is what it said on their website

Why can’t I buy GloFish® fluorescent fish in Australia, Canada, or Europe? At present, Australia, Canada, and Europe prohibit the marketing of any genetically modified organisms, including our tropical fluorescent fish, until they are cleared through an extremely complex and costly review process. For now, due to the time, expense, and uncertainty involved with the approval process, we have no plans to submit an application in either Canada or Europe.
I didn't even know they were illegal where I live(canada). That sucks.
Also, do you want tight schooling fish, schooling fish, colorfull? It'll be easier for me to help you:)

Last edited:
How about a crawfish? Although then plants will be out for sure. But then you do a cool rock/dw scape.

Back
Top Bottom