Planaria??? Yes or No?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found these tiny white worms in our planted tank. One species is round, which I'm assuming are Nematodes... The other are flat worms that move like flat slugs, significantly faster than the round ones...

So I tried Googling some pics. I added a stock pic of Planaria along with a diagram I found online... the two bottom pics are taken of the actual organism in our tank using a magnifier and my cellphone...

We have a shrimp tank and if they are indeed Planaria, I want to get rid of them. Are there different species of planaria or do they develop those eye dots and diamond shaped head as they mature? I don't quite see those characteristics here so I don't know if I'm mis-ID'ing them or if they're just too young and will develop those features later?

To be or not to be (Planaria)??? That is the Question!

Thanks!

iYgjEDiO4e3Bz.jpg

In my experience, you can see planaria eyespots with the naked eye. So I believe you have something different.

Liquid Goat dewormer, will get rid of them no matter. I used it and liked it because it was in a suspension and you didn't need to worry about dissolving it, crushing tablets, or whether the dose was accurate as it was good with a shake.

It didn't harm my shrimp or snails with the noted treatment dosage.

Found it at a veterinary / farm supply store.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f129/planaria-and-hydra-liquid-treatment-243568.html

I think the pinker ones look like Planaria, because of the arrow head. Maybe the others are just younger, different color.

Liquid Goat dewormer, will get rid of them no matter. I used it and liked it because it was in a suspension and you didn't need to worry about dissolving it, crushing tablets, or whether the dose was accurate as it was good with a shake.

It didn't harm my shrimp or snails with the noted treatment dosage.

Found it at a veterinary / farm supply store.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f129/planaria-and-hydra-liquid-treatment-243568.html

I think the pinker ones look like Planaria, because of the arrow head. Maybe the others are just younger, different color.

Because the pink ones are stock photo of planaria. :)

Back
Top Bottom