Planning ahead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarajo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As mentioned in my intro post, I got a new 10g for Christmas and now have 3 danios in it.. So while waiting for the cycle to complete i am checking out different fish online to try and see what kinds of fish i want to add when the time comes... I see so much more variety in the online stores than in my local shop, what is the view here on online fish/plant buying? I really want some of these Turquoise Danios but have never seen them in a local shop. any suggestions on mail order fish (if it is recommended would be welcome)

Tara
10g FW
Pictures of my fish tank in development

Many of the mail order places have very good reputations, but watch out for the shipping charges. Many have either large minimum orders or a large shipping fee in order to get heavy bags of water to you in a hurry. If you have a local aquarium club, or a friendly fish store owner, you may be able to split an order with someone and save on those overhead costs. Most fish stores get thier fish from those online places.

Back
Top Bottom