Plant algae and critters to do the job?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I Am Joltz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Forum!
I need help with plant algae in my new 30g tank. So far i have 4 Amazon sword plants, and 3 Anubias and planning on adding more plants in the following week in my tank. I am concerned with algae growth on the leaves, and a buddy of mine suggested i add either a Amano Shrimp, Red Cherry Shrimp, Nerite Snails, Mystery Snails or Otocinclus Catfish to solve my problems.

So what other type of little critters can i get beside those listed to help with the algae that will grow. Or which do you guys suggest as the best? if you have anything please let me know!

PS. I am planning on getting 2 Angel fish only! so critters that would co exist in peace with them would be great.(already posted this on another part of the forum but got no replies so trying this one)

Otocinclus do good work. Though if you are having algae problems it's usually for a reason, how long are the lights on each day?

Caleb

No, i don't have any algae problems! yet, i just heard it's good to get a cleaner fish basically because its not recommended to clean your plants leafs with your hand because it could damage them.

Depends on the algae man.. if you get brown diatoms on the leaves, otto's and nerite snails will be your saviors .. If you get hair algae and I mean any kind of hair algae including black beard algae.. Then true Siamese algae eaters will rip all hair algae apart... now if you get green spot algae, you had to tackle the problem... no algae eaters really touch that stuff

Back
Top Bottom