Plant and fish recomendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhillieSniper115

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I just got a 55 gallon tank and I was wondering what are some good fish and plants that I could put in it once it is set up and ready. Please note I do not want any very large and aggressive species and that there will be swordtails in said tank and a Pleco, do nothing that will attack them or vise versa. Pictures of said fish would be recommended.

Thanks

For fish i would say an angelfish, a school of cory cats, and a nice school of some kind of tetra or rasbora. For plants, i really like crypts and anubias, because they are really hardy.

1- Male Swordtail
2- Female Swordtail
3- Pitbull Pleco or 2- Bristlenose Pleco
1- Angelfish(cannot get Cherry Barb) or 2- German Blue Ram
10- Rummynose Tetra or 10- Neon Tetra or 10- Black Neon Tetra
10- Harlequin Rasbora or 10- Golden Harlequin Rasbora or 10-Cherry Barb(cannot get Angel)

1- Male Swordtail
2- Female Swordtail
3- Pitbull Pleco or 2- Bristlenose Pleco
1- Angelfish(cannot get Cherry Barb) or 2- German Blue Ram
10- Rummynose Tetra or 10- Neon Tetra or 10- Black Neon Tetra
10- Harlequin Rasbora or 10- Golden Harlequin Rasbora or 10-Cherry Barb(cannot get Angel)
I dont know if this was your experience, but in my tank I have cherry barbs and an angelfish and the cherry barbs never nip at the angel. I think cherry and gold barbs are the only kind of barb that wont nip at other fish, or atleast they dont in my tank.:)

X6-8 threadfin rainbows sounds nice with all the other suggestions, except they may get bullied. Just depends.

Also, I think rubberlip pleco would work. Anything but a common or sailfin. Or any other monster. xD

Chiroptera said:
X6-8 threadfin rainbows sounds nice with all the other suggestions, except they may get bullied. Just depends.

Also, I think rubberlip pleco would work. Anything but a common or sailfin. Or any other monster. xD

I kinda have a common already lol

GhillieSniper115 said:
I kinda have a common already lol

Eeeehhhh. Can you return him? The minimum size tank for a common is generally 125g, or else they don't have enough room to turn around. They can get two feet long. And half that wide..

Chiroptera said:
Eeeehhhh. Can you return him? The minimum size tank for a common is generally 125g, or else they don't have enough room to turn around. They can get two feet long. And half that wide..

Yea I know. But I'm also not 100% sure if it's actually a common Pleco. I'm about 74% sure it is. Sooo I have no idea how big it will grow.

I think 3 Dwarf Gourami would go nice. 1 male 2 female. Colour would be done to you but I have 2 flame and 2 Yellow Honey Grouamis. Looks superb

GoldenPlecTony said:
I think 3 Dwarf Gourami would go nice. 1 male 2 female. Colour would be done to you but I have 2 flame and 2 Yellow Honey Grouamis. Looks superb

Do they get big?

Plants like vallisneria are a good background plant. Guppies or platies are hardy peaceful fish.

bettaowner said:
Plants like vallisneria are a good background plant. Guppies or platies are hardy peaceful fish.

Like fancy guppies? I was thinking about getting some of those

Rainbow Fish are perfect. They do very well in a planted tank and look awesome!

Well there are a lot of different species but I don't think they're aggressive.

I like Bosemani Rainbow Fish. To learn more about them go on YouTube and watch a video called species Sunday Rainbow Fish by Dustinfishtanks. He has a lot of videos about Rainbow Fish.

499578984_4f79c06051.jpg

Attachments

• 1300258852_177863891_2-boesemani-rainbow-fish-home-breed-Mumbai.jpg
    1300258852_177863891_2-boesemani-rainbow-fish-home-breed-Mumbai.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 177
  • bosemani3.jpg
    bosemani3.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 27159_400wh.jpg
    27159_400wh.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 71
vanimal said:
I like Bosemani Rainbow Fish. To learn more about them go on YouTube and watch a video called species Sunday Rainbow Fish by Dustinfishtanks. He has a lot of videos about Rainbow Fish.

Wow there beautiful I think I'll buy 4 of them if my LFS sells them

They are beautiful, but a little epensive. Where i live they range from 15$ to about 27$. I think they would be worth it though, since they have such great colors. I have 3 australian rainbowfish and they don't have that good of colors but they are way cheaper, at about 5$ per fish.

Back
Top Bottom