plant completly destroyed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my goldies have been living with this plant for a few weeks now and they have never touched it, it is a pogostemon erectus.
when i got up this morning it was fine and ive just got back from work now, its completly gone the only part that is left the inner stem.
they have eaten all the leaves and most of the stem i just have 3 strings left coming out of where it used to be.
Is this a sign that im not feeding them enough or do you thing they just developed a taste for it today

Heres what they left me with
37953-albums1631-picture12560.jpg

tmdavies said:
my goldies have been living with this plant for a few weeks now and they have never touched it, it is a pogostemon erectus.
when i got up this morning it was fine and ive just got back from work now, its completly gone the only part that is left the inner stem.
they have eaten all the leaves and most of the stem i just have 3 strings left coming out of where it used to be.
Is this a sign that im not feeding them enough or do you thing they just developed a taste for it today

Nope... Goldies just eat plants lol. I think it's part of their diet, so i'm not surprised. Hardier plants such as the anubias varieties tend to be better with goldies, as they're tough and hard to eat.

My goldies (Dexter in particular) enjoy shredding my plants to bits at any given time. I keep a lot of anacharis, which they love to eat BTW, but even plants that aren't edible get pulled up/shredded and the only plant they'll leave alone is the onion plant.

Back
Top Bottom