Plant question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rusilja

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hellooo

A week ago I bought a plant called : HYGROPHILA DIFFORMIS

Today I changed the plants position in my tank becouse it was a bit bad organized.

And I noticed that the roots of the plant were growing from upper parts of the plant (not all plants, just 1)

Some have tiny roots and 1 big plant has none....

Are they always growing this slow (the roots)

If anyone of you has this plant, please tell me more about it, thank you!

hygdiff1.jpg

H170%20Hygrophila%20difformis.jpg

This is commonly known as wisteria. It is typically a fast growing plant and it will sprout roots from about any point on the plant. If you don't like the looks of this just pinch them off.

This is commonly known as wisteria. It is typically a fast growing plant and it will sprout roots from about any point on the plant. If you don't like the looks of this just pinch them off.
So it's even possible to cut the plant off at the top & he'll still grow right?(when too big):cool:

Yeah, that is how you prune it by trimming it at the top, you can replant the trimming and have another one :)

just make sure theyre not placed close together if you have more than one, or once you prune them... they dont like being close to each other for some reason and they'll lose their leaves, or at least mine did

just make sure theyre not placed close together if you have more than one, or once you prune them... they dont like being close to each other for some reason and they'll lose their leaves, or at least mine did
When I bought them there were 5 plants (1 was very big)
I can't place them that far appart in a 40cm tank... Hope they won't lose something XD

Back
Top Bottom