Plant questions (Quality/Transport/Pesks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Currently in Beijing, I have discovered a small market for fish. Here, the price for EVERYTHING is extremely low many times lower than in the US. For example, I can buy (not going to, for maaaany reasons) 10 tiger barbs, for 15 RMB. That is less than 3 USD... I'm currently trying to buy some things for my home aquarium (driftwood, plants, etc.) at a reduced range. I see some people selling tubs filled with java moss (well, a type of moss), java fern, just general easy, hardy plants. My questions:

1) Is there such thing as low quality plants, such as in GBR or blood parrots, in which there is nothing you can do to Change?

2) Will plants survive being in non-de chlorinated water?

3) Will snails and other parasites?

4) To bring these plants home, is it legal? (I'm pretty sure it is, I just want to make sure). How would one best do this? I'm thinking wrapping it in moist paper towels and newspaper in a plastic baggy :l

5) Is it worth the hassle?!

I doubt they'll let you bring anything wet through customs.. you could ship stuff the day before you leave maybe.. make sure I none of the items are regulated in the states and if it's a great deal after shipping costs why not??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I doubt they'll let you bring anything wet through customs.. you could ship stuff the day before you leave maybe.. make sure I none of the items are regulated in the states and if it's a great deal after shipping costs why not??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The parents [emoji19]... I'm 14 so yeah :p. I mean I've read about people doing, they won't necessarily be wet. Plus shipping here is a hassle because... Well you know I'm 14 and my grandparents don't have a car so yeah :l

You might run into issues with customs but they can be transported wrapped in wet paper towels. That would be your best bet to try and get them past customs. I'm fairly certain that you need a special license to ship them into the states as well though.

Back
Top Bottom