Planted glofish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thumper_65590

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Been a while since I have been on here or posted anything. I went to saltwater for a while, then we moved and I totally took down my tank, but I'm getting ready to set up a new one. I have a 75 Gal drilled Oceanic with a sump that I am setting up. I would like to have this one planted, and the kids all want Glofish, since we had saltwater and they really like all the bright colors. I would like to have some advice on setting the tank up. I really don't want to have to add CO2 to the tank. I have not began to set up the tank yet, so ideas are appreciated. I am hoping to set up the tank this weekend, so I can begin cycling it. Thanks, William.

good beginner plants:water wisteria (look kind of like trees when they get to growing in my opinion) and if any part of it breaks off you just put it in the substrate and it should start growing soon
java fern
anubias
I also had luck with lobelia cardinalis and anarchis.

crypts are also a good beginner plant.

I had bad luck with dwarf baby tears and any thin grasslike plant. though dwarf hairgrass is considered a beginner plant i think.

I have also had luck with moneywart and brazilian pennywort. I have a fifty five gallon with stock lighting and i use api leaf zone as fertilizer.
some fertilizers can actually damage some plants so if you use them do your research (i suspect this is why i can't grow dwarf hairgrass)

some plants have different lighting requirements. and when getting plants make sure they are entirely aquatic and not "semi-aquatic"
good luck!

Back
Top Bottom