Planted or not Planted...ahhhh!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd suggest moneywort and wisteria, I have both in my 55g with the same basic setup and they are growing fine. You will have to keep your lights on for at least 8 hours a day though. You also would do fine with some anubias or anacharis, just make sure the anacharis is pretty tall and healthy when you buy it so it's leaves can get ample amount of light. I originally had some in my 55g, but then I was also raising some comet goldfish for my mom's outdoor pond at the time and they decided anacharis was delicious, but before then they were growing quite nicely.
Good luck!

Java moss and other mosses would also be great choices from what I've read, but with your setup you don't have to be strictly limited to mosses. ;)

If you don't mind spending more on lighting, electricity, getting CO2 tanks, buying extra equipment, regularly trimming the plants, learning all about plants, etc, and you love the look of live plants and hate the look of fake, then go with live plants.

If, like me, you want a low maintenance aquarium that's easy to maintain, you like the look of fake plants, and you want to spend less, then go with fake plants.

Almost none of what you described is a requirement of a low tech planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom