Planted or Saltwater for a 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ldaniel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all,
I currently have a 55g that is sort of a community tank. There are 8 angels and a single ghost shrimp. When we got the tank it was set up as a kit so we just got the basic items and some of the normal aquarium gravel. I am torn between changing this tank into a fully planted tank (I have a 25g that gets over grown about once a week) or a salt water tank.
The tank has normal T8 lighting and a HOB as well as under-gravel filters.
Which direction would you all go with, saltwater or planted?
Thanks.

planted,but youll have to change the filter,plants dont like under gravel filters.

If I go with the planted I will also change out the gravel. Just not sure if I am game to do it all at once. :) lol.
dont worry,changing from gravel to sand is actually pretty easy.

I have Flourish gravel in my 25g and the plants love it. Haven't tried sand.
doesnt really matter what you change too,cant imagine it being much harder.change to whatever you think is best for your plants.

So I have decided to go with a planted tank for the 55g. I will be changing the 25g to something else and make the 55 my main focus. Now with changing to a larger tank does anyone know where I can get a worthy cheapish CO2 system set up online?

Back
Top Bottom