Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's cool I just know that java moss helps with nitrate levels or nitrite one or the other so I wasn't sure if some were better for one thing or another lol

xfactor6699 said:
That's cool I just know that java moss helps with nitrate levels or nitrite one or the other so I wasn't sure if some were better for one thing or another lol

I would guess that the faster growing ones might use more no3 & co2, but I don't know. My goldies produce a lot of ammo, so I run 2 good size HOB's and my no3 hovers around 30ppm most everytime I test. I never ever see no2 and ammo is less than .25ppm all the time.

these are the ones that im going to look into if u think that i should go with one more than another let me know

low light

coffee leaf anubias
cryptocoryne walkeri
golden nana
hornwort
java fern

low med. light

asian ambulia
brazilian pennyworth
giant hygro
green hygro
guppy grass
stonewort
waterspite

med. light (easy)

algae ball (moss ball)
aponogeton boivinianus
willow leaf hygro

and if anyone has some that they might want to sell or donate to me let me know that too.

If the tetras could talk they would probably vote for anything on that list that floats... it brings out their colors more too. Just make sure there's some open surface because the gourami need to go to the surface for air every so often. Hornwort, stonewort, maybe anacharis if you're stuck raiding the nearest big box pet store for plants (yes, you can float that)... most of the easy floating ones would be good.

That's a ol big list you have there lol.

IME, it might be better to start out with a few different ones and see if you like it, but to each his own. Also keep in mind that there may be some you can't find at your LFS.

I'd suggest you read up on non-aquatics at plantgeek too so you don't get burned buying plants that will rot/foul your water.

I'm not getting all those are just my options for what I have light wise lol

Back
Top Bottom