plants and light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

undercutter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 16 gallon tank lightly planted, just put 2 anacharis bunches in the back, light is 18 watt, 10000k, regular gravel mixed with eco-complete

from what I researched this should be good enough for anacharis, would that be correct? how long should I keep the light on? right now I have it set for 10 hours of light a day

I have several plants in front as you can see in the photo, got them from a local fish store, can anybody identify them? I've had them for about 2 months now and they seem to be doing ok

brown spots on the leaves are from brown algae that you get with a new aquarium it's finally going away now

img_1465878_0_7efe61d262ee7cb947a91ce9d3734581.jpg

another thing about plants what is with petsmart selling mondo grass? I bought it from them because they assured me it was a fully aquatic plant only to find out later that it's not. They even have it fully submerged at the store and sell it right out of a tank.

What is the point of selling a plant that is going to die in a month or so if put in an aquarium? I'm not even mad because it was less than $2 but how does it make business sense to do that and how are they able to keep this going? boggles the mind

Back
Top Bottom