Plants are getting eaten...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TwistedGoat

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a ten gallon planted aquarium with two German Blue Ram Cichlids, one Blue Ram cichlid, one Angelfish, two CPO Dwarf Crayfish, two Zebra Nerite Snails and two Horned Nerite Snails. One or a couple of these guys are eating up my plants especially my wisteria. Has anybody else had or have the same problem? Any info and advice is welcome. Thank you.

The crayfish would be my suspect. They're omnivores and will tend to munch on plants if not provided enough veggies/greenery in their diet. I've never heard of rams, angels, or nerites hurting plants.

Thank you for the reply. What kind of veggies can I give them?

Blanched cucumbers and zucchini are the usual favorites, or if you get some nori that would probably be appreciated too. Anything green, and even some fruits will usually be accepted with varying levels of zeal. Feel free to experiment and see what they go for the most :)

As a side note, you're going to be very overstocked once those fish are full grown... Just saw that you mentioned it's a 10g. Hopefully this is a temporary grow out tank, as Rams & Angels usually need 20g+ when full grown, especially if you have any breeding pairs.

Yeah. I know. I'll have a bigger tank ready for when they mature.

Yeah. I know. I'll have a bigger tank ready for when they mature.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417491474.055201.jpg
It might be my German Blue Ram. I seen him nip at some of the plants and he keeps charging at my fish, almost looks like he's bullying them. I thought they were pretty peaceful.

Back
Top Bottom