Plants I think have Cryptocoryne Disease Cryptocoryne Rot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So did anyone find anything about if the lunar blues are still considered a light cycle? I'm considering going full dark but my Buenos Aires in getting ready to take in to my lfs are aggressive in full darkness, I couldn't find anything on it, fish are okay so far no ill effects from what i can see.

Are aquarium plants like regular outdoor plants, here's an example as I am really good with landscaping if I see a tree that has saplings sprouting at the base I cut them off because they will starve the upper tree so that they can grow, so in my tank as I have mentioned many leaves have holes in them and look like they are getting ate by something, would it help the other new leaves if I cut off the leaves that are really bad so the new can get the nutrients and food the bad leaf is taking up? Or will this shock the plant to much causing it to get worse.

Some plants will do this on their own; in times of distress, resources are directed to NEW growth and the older leaves are basically sacrificed (fade, rot).
It is not uncommon to trim damaged or algae covered leaves to save the plant. It should help.
Finding the underlying cause of the holes will still something you need to find out.

Well I'm sure it was transplant shock on the swords as they were just added, my Anubias I have no idea I did break the larger plants into smaller, removed it from the gravel and attached it to the drift wood, I also didn't have any ferts in the tank no root tabs or anything but have recently added tabs and excel and flourish liquid.

I do still have ramshorn snail outbreak I was told they are ramshorn as they don't have a ice cream cone shaped shell, so they aren't pest snails but I have no idea they are always on my plants I remove them by hand daily. Would my BN eat the plants?

Some plants will do this on their own; in times of distress, resources are directed to NEW growth and the older leaves are basically sacrificed (fade, rot).
It is not uncommon to trim damaged or algae covered leaves to save the plant. It should help.
Finding the underlying cause of the holes will still something you need to find out.
You can spot treat algae with hydrogen peroxide on plants right? i watched a video on a beautiful tank where he does 1 water change every month or 2 and doesn't trim algae leaves he uses a spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide to remove the algae, just sprays it all over the place, I was thinking uhh won't that kill the fish.

You can spot treat algae with hydrogen peroxide on plants right? i watched a video on a beautiful tank where he does 1 water change every month or 2 and doesn't trim algae leaves he uses a spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide to remove the algae, just sprays it all over the place, I was thinking uhh won't that kill the fish.

Yes you can. It's best when it can be directly applied to the affected areas. A pipette or syringe can be used for this. The spray bottle can be used IMO when the plants (e.g. - Anubias attached to DW) can be removed from the tank or if the water level is lowered sufficiently.

Awesome yeah this guy's tank was like amazing, he drained only 5 gallons out but put the spray bottle in the tank and sprayed all the plants, I was like wtf you doing your gonna kill the fish lol.

What's the danger to this im thinking it might get the algae off my silicone

What's the danger to this im thinking it might get the algae off my silicone

There is a limit to how much one should safely add, however, I cannot recall what the ratio is (mL per gallons).
I've used it to successfully remove BBA but not sure how it works against other types of algae. It's worth trying. I would use a syringe because you get better control. The spray bottle is good for breaking up the surface film.

Yeah im not gonna dump a bottle in, he used a lot in a 20 gallon I'll do some research I hate everything is clean but algae is embedded in my silicone, but someone said i can't get that out cause it grows under the silicone

Back
Top Bottom