plants in my shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking about using my 10 gallon tank for a shrimp tank. Do I need real plants or can I go with silk or plastic plants. I have read that shrimp don't eat the plants just what is growing on them. Any comments would help..thanks

I would go with as many real plants as possible. The plants don't have to be high demand ones. mainly ferns and mosses. True the shrimp will not eat them.

If real plants are not really necessary, there are plenty of life like plants on the market that look so real. I was thinking of at least getting a moss ball or two.

Actually your shrimp will be happiest if you get a small piece of DW and attach some java moss and just let it grow into a nice big plant. Then if you want to get silk you can but seriously live plants are much better for shrimp and there are many very easy ones you can get. Water sprite, wisteria, java fern, java moss or any moss but java is the most commonly found, anubia are just a few of the really easy ones.

Back
Top Bottom