plants safe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thinking of buying plants off e bay for my tank, how can I make sure they're safe for my snails? Usually buy them at my fish store but these are a good price. What do you guys think. Thanks

I've never heard of plants not being safe for snails... Snails love everything ;) Do you mean you're worried about your snails eating the plants? Which plant types and which snail types are you looking at?

I'm worried that the plants could have been treated, I have brigs, rabbit snail's Nerite & blue ramshorn I know a few off them won't eat it but just worried as I,ve not bought any off e bay before. Thanks

That's a a good one! Ive never used eBay either! My friend got a prom dress of there for £15!

Is there any way you can simply ask the retailer or seller? I understand your concern. Some growers do indeed treat their plants with diffrent types of pesticides.

I asked she said they should be fine as their covered in pest snails! Just want to be careful with my tank.

Back
Top Bottom