Plastic hospital tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
So I was thinking of getting yet another small tank that really, really would be just a hospital tank. I looked at glass tanks but thinking a plastic box would be cheaper.

Has anyone bought a plastic or acrylic 5 to 10 gallon box that is quite clear? Or any ideas? From memory the hardware boxes here are more translucent then see-through.

Glass would be better for viewing purposes, a glass 10 gal shouldn't break the bank??

Glass would be better for viewing purposes, a glass 10 gal shouldn't break the bank??

True true, was eyeing off some on weekend that looked good and cost was good. Main trouble is I dare not run afoul of the planning committee which has a dim view of more tanks (sadly).

You can get a 10 gallon glass tank $10-$15. If your wanting to go cheaper. I'd go to the dollar store or Walmart and pick up a clear tote. They're bigger and cheaper. Or if it don't have to be square and 5-10 gallon. Use a big old wide mouth pickle jar, canning jar. In this case I'm thinking cheaper, the better. U buy clear containers all the time and throw them out. Keep the big ones. They come in handy. I'd get a clear small tote, or storage container. Most of the time they're under $5.00.

Excellent ideas, many thanks. Yes, unfortunately there is no dollar per gallon sales here so way, way more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom