plastidip background? Other options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just want the background on the back of my 29 gallon standard tank to be black! I cant find any reasonable prices for christ sakes its just a piece of plastic why does it have to be $15!?

So I may go with plastidip.. Anyone have any experience there?

Otherwise where did you get your background from?

Thanks guys.
As always have a great day

(st.patricks day! wahoo!)

I have Plastidip on mine. It's great, just paint it on like normal, if you ever get sick of it it's easy to peel off.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I bought off a cut-to-fit roll at Petco that has blue on one side and black on the other. I think I paid something like $5 for 4 feet.

I used black latex paint. It's been a while, but I think I spent about $10 for the paint, paint roller, painters tape and a cheap drop cloth. Not sure how that compares to plasti dip.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe I'll check out petco then.
Plastidip is about $10 that's all you need

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used a full can of plastidip to cover the back of my 75g. Just spray it on like spray paint. You will have spray on a coat and then let it dry and apply another. Do that process until it's fully covered.

Paint with a roller is fine but I had an old tank that paint was rolled on and it was a pain in the butt to remove. With the Plastidip it just peels off. Granted you need some effort but it's a lot easier than the other paints.

If you use plastidip, it will have a very strong odor just like spray paint. Do it in a well ventilated area. If your tank is already setup and full including fish, then you will have a little more work to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Comes in a can, generally meant for car things I believe. You spray it on the outside of the tank so I don't see what the problem would be, but it is like a spray paint. So make sure you're vented correctly

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just use black paint. I bought a small can and it was enough to paint the back of 5 tanks.

Back
Top Bottom