Platty male

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naeemyousuf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 60 gallon tank. I have a lot of guppies and mollies in this tank, living happilly and multiplying in numbers.
I have a platty male also who was alone in this tank since last 5 months. I put 4 females for him but it shows no inteterests towards those females. Even the gupply males try to make a setting with platty females but platty male feels no attraction in his opposit sex. i want to raise the platty kids also.

Can anyone help me in this regard.

(Naeem Yousuf)

How old is your male platy? He may be after the females when you are not looking...I had a male guppy once who didn't appear to be interested but found out that he was sneaky just after the lights went off! Or he may just be shy.

The age of that Platty male is more than 8 months. I put it in my tank with 4 mature females whle he was not fully mature that time. but with the passage of time all those female died, one by one, without being pergnant by him. now after the gap of almost 5 months, I put other 4 females but he still shows his indiferent behaviour. The males of Guppies and Molies born in my tank have not only grown up but also show an aggressive behaviour towards females. it seems that females are more attractive for them as compare to food.

Back
Top Bottom