Platy clamping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mimiheart

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a platy I am trying to move from my 20 gallon to my 40 gallon. The water parameters are all the same except the nitrates in the 40 gallon are slightly lower. 20 vs 30. I've tried putting her in the 40 gallon twice. She eats fine. But unless I'm near the tank she's on the bottom clamping. Last time I moved her back to the 20 gallon and she was happy and swimming around within minutes. I gave it a few weeks and tried to move her back into the 40, and she's right back to clamping on the bottom.

I have no idea what's wrong with the 40 gallon. None of the other fish seem to have a problem with it. I have two other platies in there along with my swordtails. Worse comes to worse I can leave her in the 20, but I'd love to know if anyone has an idea as to what the deal with 40 is, because I do need to get another female platy to get some pressure off the girl that's in there with the male. (Though he isn't nearly as aggressive as some male mollies I've had.)

Back
Top Bottom