Platy had a Baby!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crick127

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my Platies has seemed a little on the heavy side for a few days. I thought maybe eating too much food. Last couple of days she looks normal again. This evening I was just relaxing looking at my tank and I noticed something tiny swimming on the bottom. It was a baby Platy! Really cute too. I used to keep mainly saltwater and those guys never breed. This is new to me. Anyone know how many babies might be in there? I did a water change Saturday so probably sucked some up without knowing. What are their chances of surviving? I would try to get them out but with as many plants as I have in there it would be impossible.

I have some baby Platys too. I counted 4. I just have one tank, so they will stay in there. They are tiny little fish! I have a planted 20 gallon tank.

How many survive depends on what the tankmates are and how many hiding places there are. Congrats on the baby!

Unfortunately I made a couple of impulse buys. I have mostly small fish (danios and tetras). I also have a DG, a couple of BBQ places but the impulse buy was a couple of juvy angels. There really small right now. I have a 55g which gives them plenty of room to hide. For filter I have a wet dry from my salt days with 15 gallon dump.

Back
Top Bottom