Platy with CO2 Overdose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She's doing great. She's acting as if it never happened. I have new platies now because I found the time to go get some more yesterday. I have bubblers now too. One is currently running and the second is for emergencies.

I did figure out what went wrong. Turns out when the regulator went nuts, it sent the ENTIRE cylinder full of co2 into the aquarium! A full cylinder of co2 blasted into a small 38 gallon tank. I've always hated my regulator but now I can't even describe my feelings towards it :mad: It's completely empty now so I have to get the cylinder refilled a week after I got it refilled. But the drop checker's dark blue so I should soon.

To try and help with my stupid regulator, I got another valve to make sure only a little co2 goes into the tank at once. I hope it'll help. Thanks for checking.

Bettafanatic said:
She's doing great. She's acting as if it never happened. I have new platies now because I found the time to go get some more yesterday. I have bubblers now too. One is currently running and the second is for emergencies.

I did figure out what went wrong. Turns out when the regulator went nuts, it sent the ENTIRE cylinder full of co2 into the aquarium! A full cylinder of co2 blasted into a small 38 gallon tank. I've always hated my regulator but now I can't even describe my feelings towards it :mad: It's completely empty now so I have to get the cylinder refilled a week after I got it refilled. But the drop checker's dark blue so I should soon.

To try and help with my stupid regulator, I got another valve to make sure only a little co2 goes into the tank at once. I hope it'll help. Thanks for checking.

Your welcome im glad to hear all is good right

My friend had the same problem and while he went to the LFS to buy a bubblier, his wife used a hair dryer (no heat) to add oxygen and agitate the water until he got home. By the time he got home the fish were swimming around again but they still had co2 poisoning. They eventually came out of it. I hope yours do too

vaquero said:
My friend had the same problem and while he went to the LFS to buy a bubblier, his wife used a hair dryer (no heat) to add oxygen and agitate the water until he got home. By the time he got home the fish were swimming around again but they still had co2 poisoning. They eventually came out of it. I hope yours do too

Interesting way to do that wouldnt of thought of that lol

Back
Top Bottom