Platys?!?!!?!?!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichildlife

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm not sure whether im gonna get them or not so id like ur imput, i dont wanna breed i was thinking i was gonna get 2 males. Any ideas on type? Tigers r cute but idk it would be a 20 gallon with a pair of keyholes. Would that be ok?

Cichildlife said:
I'm not sure whether im gonna get them or not so id like ur imput, i dont wanna breed i was thinking i was gonna get 2 males. Any ideas on type? Tigers r cute but idk it would be a 20 gallon with a pair of keyholes. Would that be ok?

I like sunsets, blues, and green red ones.

I like red tigers too. I also have a sunburst wag, painted and blue rainbow platys. All are very pretty and peaceful.

Attachments

• image-1608784791.jpg
    image-1608784791.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1654454693.jpg
    image-1654454693.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 77
I have always had Platys. I have one orange one and the rest are blue. They are my favorite with so much personality. Very peaceful, but breed like crazy if you have a male in with females. 9 times out of 10, if one of the females gives birth, the fry gets eaten unfortunately. We have had a few survive for a few weeks but that was it. Im not sure, ive never kept two males together by themselves so I dunno how that works. But i know when females are around, two males get agressive towards one another and one of my males killed the other one. So hes the only male out of 6 females. But he doesnt mind. Haha.
I would get them. They are nice

Thx for all the imput, there would be no females. But would it work if i put a pair of keyholes in with them? The platys aere top-dewllers right? Im afraid that my pair of keyholes might kill the males when they breed.... So im causious

I think platys go wherever. Atleast mine do. Crazy little nuckleheads they are lol.

I have 5 male platies...2 red mickey mouses, 1 orange with black spots, and 2 sunset. The mickey mouses chase the orange spotted one and the sunsets around, especially during feeding time. I have to "scold" them and threaten them with timeout.

Lol, so males will chase eachother. Thats ok. As long as they dont kill. So my last pending question is will the pair of keyholes kill them when breeding?

Back
Top Bottom