Platy's and angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dreameater

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought an Angelfish today for my 10g tank. She's not very big nor are my platy's. I was hoping for some advice if everyone would be happy together or would some bulling go on?

dreameater said:
I just bought an Angelfish today for my 10g tank. She's not very big nor are my platy's. I was hoping for some advice if everyone would be happy together or would some bulling go on?

Angel fish need a bigger than a 10G!!! The get pretty big look it up. They should get along good just in bigger tank!! Angels need 20G long IMO or 20H

Please do not put the angel in a ten gallon.
One of my big angels is almost as big as my hand (including finnage)
I reccomend at least a 30 gallon for one, or a mated pair

dreameater said:
She's really small right now! Don't worry I'm upgrading soon!

Just saying sorry to pester but my friends grew the tank fast (2-3 months as he says) . Just trying to help you and the fishes!

No it's no problem, I was just hoping they would get along. But don't worry I'm getting a bigger tank very soon. They'll all have plenty of space.

dreameater said:
No it's no problem, I was just hoping they would get along. But don't worry I'm getting a bigger tank very soon. They'll all have plenty of space.

That's good:) what size is he now (dime size?) what size tank? Good luck on tank soon!! Both community fish though they should.

Fishie said:
That's good:) what size is he now (dime size?) what size tank? Good luck on tank soon!! Both community fish though they should.

Yeah dime size. It's a 10 gallon right now. I'll end up getting a 30 gallon within the next week or so.

Hello and welcome to AA!!

What size tank are you planning on upgrading to? If you can't get atleast a 29 gal in the near future, I would get rid of the angel. A 40 tall or 55 works even better for them, but I would consider 29 gals the bare minimum for one angel.

EDIT: Nevermind :)

dreameater said:
Yeah dime size. It's a 10 gallon right now. I'll end up getting a 30 gallon within the next week or so.

Cool! Remember to cycle your tank! I forgot welcome!

Back
Top Bottom