Platys and shrimp advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArtistGardener

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking of moving my male platy from the 55 gallon he shares with four lady friends and into a 20 gallon. He wears them out with all of his sexual antics and I don't want more fry. The 20 gallon has honey gouramis, neon and glowlight tetras, otos, amano and cherry shrimp. I've not had any problems with anyone eating or harassing the shrimp. Would this male platy eat the shrimp? Anyone have experience with platys with shrimp? Also will he be a bully? Should I just rehome him instead?

I have 2 platys with 11 RCS and not a problem

Sent from my B1-710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, guys. I did move him yesterday and he doesn't seem in the least interested in the shrimp. I'm sure he is still wondering where all of his ladies are! It was fun to watch the female honey gouramis interact with him right after he went in the tank--they used their feeler fins to reach out and touch him repeatedly. Fascinating.

In fact the only way he will bother them is if one of them dies, witnessed this when I found mines nibbling at a dead RCS other than that the 2 I have don't blink an eyelid so to speak

Sent from my B1-710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom